“What is it like to be in love?”

“Free. It feels free, like there’s nothing that can stop me, nothing can hold me down.
It feels as if I can do anything because of love and I’m free of the fear of failure because,
even if I can’t do everything, at least at the end of the day,
there’s still me and him. When all else fails, love won’t.”

Reign on Me series

Monday, February 14, 2011

The sanity of some people...

So, once again I've been plagiarised...

And while on some higher-thinking level I appreciate the sentiment... me, being a normal human being, is more or less mad. It's not an explosive anger as last time this has happened. It's more of a seething-wtf-were-you-thinking kind of emotion.

What these people may not comprehend from the last time this happened, is that I am very much able to just close down my site and take down all my stories from all sources. That's over 200 stories/chapters and, frankly, I don't mind getting rid of all of it because I have them saved in my hard drive because I'm the original writer. What's unfortunate is that if I do this, I'll be taking the stories away from loyal readers who have supported me all these years. I don't feel I should punish them because a few small-minded beings choose to take my work and claim it as their own.

Again, I am overcome with a sadness for these people because it is obvious their self-esteem is so lacking that they do not even believe in their own abilities that they have to rely on the work of others to make themselves feel good. Truly, it's sad. At the same time, however, I cannot pity them and, indeed, cannot even give them a semblance of understanding towards their actions. Why? Because I know what it's like to have a hard life. I know people who have struggled far worse than the spoilt children of the newer generations who believe they are entitled to rewards without the hard work.

Honestly, with school and life, it would be much easier to just close down the site. However, I feel I should hold on a little bit longer. I've begun to contemplate moving the site this summer to a different host which will allow me to change the format of how my stories are presented. That is all for now.

For reference: the guilty party.

Yours etc.
Cheonsa

7 comments:

Hokum said...

Sadness.

Anonymous said...

I honestly don't understand how people can do that so easily, to claim someone else's hard work as their own.
In the end, its those people who ruin the experience for both the writer and readers. I wish it was possible to say it won't happen again, but it seems there's always someone out there who just doesn't get it.
Supporting whatever decision you make. ^^

d3vilishazn said...

The nerve of that person! I gave her a piece of my mind, let me tell you that. I am so digusted at her actions and how unfair this has been for you. I hope that she can learn to respect other people as well as herself and stop what she's been doing.

Anonymous said...

All I can say is that I am so sorry this happened to you again. I'm glad that your holding out for those of us who read your stories and not deleting your site, but I would understand and still support you if you did. Hopefully these people will stop doing what their doing.

Angie said...

I really am sorry that there are people like that. I'm very glad that you're not shutting down your site, but I would understand you completely if you did. I'll still support you no matter what.

lil_aqua_chic said...

Sad

ddanghobak said...

thanks god you didn't choose to close this site. I know being plagiarized is terrible and I kinda understand if you choose to close down your site, but still, I'm glad you didn't.

Although there are those people who don't realize your hard works, please always remember there are people like me and others who respect your hard works, who love your stories and will continue to support you no matter what.

Please continue writing, you're one of the greatest author I've known and I'm very thankful because you are willing to share your works with us.

Much love :)