“What is it like to be in love?”

“Free. It feels free, like there’s nothing that can stop me, nothing can hold me down.
It feels as if I can do anything because of love and I’m free of the fear of failure because,
even if I can’t do everything, at least at the end of the day,
there’s still me and him. When all else fails, love won’t.”

Reign on Me series

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

[PView] for Shatter Series

A/N#1: This is just a preview of the Shatter Series. It is a random scene of chapter 1 (a.k.a. Salutation)
A/N#2: Not a lot happens in this scene.
A/N#3: This is unbetaed because I wrote this up a few days ago (yes, my editor has never even read this!)




One evening, the owner sat in his office which was located in the backrooms of the bar. Sitting at his desk, his eyes slowly moved away from the ledge before him to the sleeping form on the couch of his office. Slender limbs and the face of an angel, the man was curled on the couch, his body turned towards the back support; a black blazer with silver pinstripes was draped over him. On first glance, the man could’ve been mistaken for a woman, especially if he had long hair. On first glance, no one would suspect that the sleeping, fragile-like man was an Agent and, not just any agent, but the Head of Covert Investigations.

The sound of plastic vibrating on wood caught the owner’s attention to the small cellular phone which lay on a side table beside the couch. His eyes followed as one arm smoothly slipped out from beneath the black blazer, reached towards the table knowingly and grabbed the phone. He watched as the phone was held to one ear and heard the quiet lilt of the older man’s voice,

“I recall stating not to contact me for the next twelve hours… That’s why I said give me all the information available prior to leaving… Oh, trust me – if I was mad, you would know.” He closed the flip-phone with a crisp click before gracefully extending his limbs, standing up in a fluid motion as he draped the blazer on an armrest.

The owner watched as the man slipped his phone into his slacks’ pocket and walked over to him. The Agent sat on the desk, his arms crossed over his chest, “I swear, I almost think they want me to live at the Agency.”

“That would make it difficult for us to have fun,” the owner offered a small smirk as he held out a hand. The older man placed his slender fingers into the warm expanse of the owner’s palm, allowed himself to be pulled onto the lap of the younger man. “Do you have to leave now?”

The Agent sighed heavily, leaning his cheek against the owner’s shoulder, his face turned towards the owner’s neck as he inhaled his scent, “Yes… but I promise to leave the office early tomorrow?”

“You’ve said that for the past… five months,” the owner stated, only a hint of disappointment in his tone.

It was enough, however, and the Agent raised his head to look at the owner directly, “I’ve asked you before, do you want me to quit my job?”

The owner shook his head, “You love your job and it doesn’t haunt you like the other departments.”

The Agent brushed his lips briefly against the younger man’s, “Thank you,” he whispered as he slipped from his lap and stood his full length. He looked down at the owner, offering a small smile, “I love you, Youngwoon.”

The owner blinked, startled at the sudden declaration. It wasn’t as if he had never heard the words before, but it was so sudden, such a shift in mood. He stood up then, eyes narrowing, “Are you going on another black case?”

The Agent stared at him a moment, as if trying to understand his words. Suddenly, he smiled, a small dimple appearing at the left corner of his mouth, “No, no,” he reached up with both hands and cradled Youngwoon’s face, “I’d never leave so abruptly if that were the situation –”

Youngwoon covered one of the Agent’s hand with his own, his eyes still narrowed, his tone low and stern, “You said you’d never take another black case.”

He sighed, “I know, but Youngwoon, I’m the Head of Covert Investigations; I’m one of the most qualified for –”

“I can’t lose you again, Jungsu,” Youngwoon said then, “I… I can’t.”

Jungsu leaned in and pressed his lips against Youngwoon’s before pulling back, “You won’t. I’m just going to the Agency, okay? I’m not taking any cases.”

Youngwoon fell silent, but nodded his understanding. As Jungsu left the office, Youngwoon followed in his wake. His eyes followed the Agent who said his goodbyes to the bartender before slipping out the bar’s main door.

No comments: